Rutherford Cross is working with a private equity backed business based in Glasgow who are looking to appoint a Commercial Finance Manager to their Finance Function. The organisation has been performing very well and is continuing to expand which is resulting in this newly created role being added to their Finance Function. The organisation is seeking a highly motivated candidate with natural relationship building ability who is ambitious and in return they can offer excellent career progression for the right candidate. A summary of some of the main duties are below:
- Lead and own all day-to-day activities within the Procurement function
- Working to develop, own and deliver a robust Procurement Strategy
- Develop and manage a contracts databank to articulate major spend areas, contracts, terms, costs and alternative options
- Develop and manage a detailed criteria databank allowing efficiency of tendering and renewal processes
- Instill a tendering methodology to standardise a process for robust, independent and appropriate contracting across multiple areas
- Advancement, refinement and ownership of strategic cost management opportunities in all departments through understanding, capture and analysis of spends and alternative options across major spend areas
- Lead the function in the development of forward-looking cost trajectories focused on understanding market movements, risks and opportunities
- Anticipate business challenges and recommend solutions to meet forecast commitments
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports in business partnering and financial activities
- Lead the budget process, identifying and scheduling expected inflationary movement across all impact lines
This role will likely suit a qualified accountant with prior experience in a Commercial Finance position or similar and a proven track record in leading multiple financial functions with tangible end effective results. A strong eye for detail and ability to work to deadlines will be key in this role as well as being someone who enjoys working as part of a team and has the ability to work clearly and concisely to support effective business decision making.
For more information please contact Hazel Wynn at Rutherford Cross.