Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Collagen Solutions plc to recruit a newly created Commercial Finance Manager in Glasgow.
Collagen Solutions is a global leader in collagen-based biomaterials supply and development for use in regenerative medicine and medical devices. They are an exciting fast-paced growth company publicly trading on the London Stock Exchange.
Collagen Solutions is one of the few listed companies headquartered in Scotland and has a global reach including staff in USA, Australia, New Zealand the UK and South Korea. The business is at an early stage and has a high growth trajectory going forward. The business engineers regenerative biomaterials and medical devices from natural collagen proteins, animal tissues and other biomaterials. Collagen Solutions apply their expertise across the value chain, from raw materials supply, product development, contract manufacturing, and their own proprietary products to address key markets and applications in regenerative medicine.
The business operates in a number of markets, their key markets are: Orthopedics, Dental, Wounds and burns and cardiovascular.
The Commercial Finance Manager is an integral part of the Collagen Solutions plc team in Glasgow and will report directly into the Chief Financial Officer. The role is a newly created role due to future projected growth. As the business continues to grow and diversify, so too does the need for an ambitious Commercial Finance Manager who has the ability to progress within the business.
The organisation represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated qualified accountant who wants to work in a high growth, AIM listed business environment. In addition, the business will provide a firm career platform with good opportunity for personal and professional development as well as the mandate to shape and define how the role evolves. It is envisaged that over time this role will develop and grow and therefore it is key that applicants are flexible and adaptable to those changes.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
- Act as business partner to the Chief Business Officer, supporting him in forecasting, commercial margin assessments, new business opportunities and evaluation and quoting for new development business
- Partner with the VP R&D to supply monthly spend trackers and forecasts to end of year, manage capital investment and ensure financial performance is on track
- Partner with the COO to ensure that operations are performing in line with financial expectations
- Structure financial systems and work with operations to ensure we have robust financial systems in place to manage manufacturing margin performance and report against this on a monthly basis
- Manage stock in terms of ensuring obsolescence risks are highlighted to commercial team to allow proactive management before obsolescence becomes an issue
- Partner closely with commercial team to assess and support customer enquiries to ensure early technical understanding is focused on putting the “customer first” and aligning development capabilities with commercial goals.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Minimum CA or equivalent accountancy qualification
- 5+ years of commercial finance experience, at least 10 years PQE
- Understanding and previous experience of medical device industry desired but not essential.
- Commercial experience either as finance business partner or working in sales or in another role in a commercial organization essential
- Ability to travel as needed within the EU and globally.
- Exceptional organizational, communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Previous systems implementation experience desired but not essential
- Attention to detail, effective problem solving, ability to deal with ambiguity and decision making skills.
- Knowledge of MS project software, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
For a full position profile please contact our retained advisor John Ramsay- [email protected]. Please note all third party applications will be sent to Rutherford Cross to be included in the process.