Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a global drinks business on an exclusive basis to appoint a Commercial Business Partner. This an exceptional career opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join an exciting company and sector, gaining a wide range of exposure.
The Commercial Business Partner is responsible for providing a timely and accurate commercial information to the Sales & Marketing functions within the business. This includes planning, budgeting/forecasting, reporting, analysis, and general commercial and financial support. This role should add value to the wider business through strong analytical skills and commercial insight.
Key duties include:
- Ensure integrity of the P&L for own area of responsibility from the revenue (and Sales volume) line through to brand contribution.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial accruals.
- Prepare and review detail variance analysis at month-end to ensure any movements versus plan and prior year are fully understood across Finance, Sales & Marketing functions
- Provide Sales and Marketing with accurate financial analysis to enable them to effectively measure performance of customers and brands.
- Support on ad hoc data and analysis requests from Head of Commercial Finance, Sales and Marketing
- Attend/Support at Quarterly Business Review meetings with all senior stake holders & Executive Board. Present performance including full year forecast along with associated risks & opportunities.
- Attend/Support at regional Leadership Team meetings as required
- Support Sales and Marketing teams in customer negotiations, new product proposals, analysis of promotional mechanics, and ongoing customer data requirements
- Support Sales on new pricing proposals clearly illustrating the impact on both on the business and the customer
- Co-ordinating the planning processes for annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and strategic 5-year plans for area of responsibility.
- Challenge the Sales and Marketing team inputs as appropriate to drive accurate and realistic forecasting at all times.
- Provide detailed variance analyses to explain impact of movements in volume, price, and cost on the P&L versus plan & prior years.
- Presentation of financial plans at the quarterly business review meetings
- Work closely with brand teams to monitor strategic marketing spend versus signed off plans.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of strategic marketing accruals.
- Provide timely reporting of monthly spend, highlighting any variances to budgets.
Projects & Continuous Improvement
- Lead and take part in strategic projects across the business from a Finance perspective.
- Continually review processes in the department to ensure they are at their most efficient within Finance and Sales and Marketing
- CA/CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Robust communication skills both verbal and written. Must be comfortable to engage with stakeholders across all levels of the business and convey financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Organised, methodical with a high attention to detail and the ability to prioritise in a busy working environment
- Highly analytical and able to examine and utilise data to provide key insights to a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to build strong relationships across all areas of a business
- Excellent Excel skills to advanced level are a must
- Opportunity to build a career in an exciting sector and business
- Salary circa £40,000
- Bonus 5% of salary
- 35 days holiday inclusive of stats
- Excellent company pension
- The role will be a combination of home-based and office-based post pandemic