Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with one of our key FMCG clients to help appoint a Commercial Business Partner. This is a rare opportunity to join a listed consumer goods business in a highly commercial role. The main purpose of the role is to Business Partner with sales teams providing valuable commercial insight to help influence business decision making. Due to the size and scope of the business there are significant opportunities to progress and develop your career and full study support is on offer.
Ideally, we are looking at two potential backgrounds that we could appoint for this role. Firstly, our client is happy to look at a PQ accountant from industry, you don’t necessarily need to have commercial finance experience but would need to possess strong commercial acumen and a strength of personality to interface with non-finance stakeholders and influence their decision making. Alternatively, they are happy to consider a qualified accountant with a few years PQE experience who could hit the ground running and add value to an already highly experienced team of 4.
If you are a part-qualified/qualified accountant seeking a move into a commercial role in a fast paced and growing organisation, then this could be the opportunity for you. The business operates a highly flexible working model, it is envisaged that long term the WFH split will be two days from the office and 3 from home.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Review monthly rolling commercial forecasts
- Prepare and review commercial budgets and re-forecasts
- Approve, analyse and advise on promotional activity
- Monitor accruals for promotional discounts, over-riders and range support in concert with Assistant Commercial Accountant
- Support the development and negotiation of Joint Business Plans
- Evaluate NPD projects through submission stages to post launch
- Manage revenue and margin across customer product portfolios
- Ad hoc financial support as required by the commercial teams
Nice to have Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Part or fully qualified accountant
- Relevant experience from a manufacturing, distribution or supply chain background, preferably FMCG
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of management information and financial analysis
- Advanced Excel skills working with large and complex spreadsheet models
- Understanding of the NPD process
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market leading opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on [email protected] / 07494 280 500