Their portfolio comprises projects at various stages of development, with the first projects expected to commence construction in 2024. In total, the portfolio of onshore wind farms, solar PV projects and co-located battery energy storage systems could have an installed capacity in excess of 2,000 MW by 2030, making a substantial contribution towards meeting the renewable energy targets of the Welsh Government and the net zero carbon objectives of the UK Government.
The projects are expected to attract significant investment and deliver substantial socio-economic benefits to the local and regional economy. Bute Energy will submit their first planning application in the summer of 2022 for the Twyn Hywel Energy Park, located largely within a Pre-Assessed Area for Wind Energy in Southeast Wales. All of their sites can be generating power by 2028, helping to support the Welsh Government’s 2030 targets on the path to Net Zero.
They have partnered with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP), whose investment will allow them to accelerate the development of their portfolio and bring significant supply chain and economic benefits to Wales.
Bute Energy are now growing their team to support delivery of the portfolio. They are looking for candidates who will bring the expertise, determination and passion to help deliver their vision for the future of renewable energy in the UK.
Bute Energy is looking for a highly motivated individual to support with their continued growth in the renewable energy sector. You will report to the Corporate Development Manager with regular interaction with the Development and Technical teams alongside the Directors. This specialist role will provide key support in the valuation assessment of Bute Energy’s projects, as well as play a key part in the development of appropriate tools and systems designed to improve commercial processes.
The position requires a technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills to maintain financial models for the portfolio of wind, solar & storage projects, where you will be managing and updating project and market inputs to ensure assessments are kept fully up to date. This role will also involve conducting financial valuation analysis of existing portfolio projects and new feasibility opportunities, reporting timely and accurate valuation assessments to the development team and management on the progress of portfolio projects, as well as development of new financial models to assess emerging and innovative project opportunities, specifically solar & storage co-location and hydrogen facilities.
Working closely with colleagues amongst the development and commercial teams, you will support on business plans and financial analysis for pipeline projects, conduct extensive scenario analysis to understand the range of potential commercial opportunities and interpret detailed financial modelling to develop business strategy. You will also co-ordinate transaction execution, including due diligence, deal structuring and legal documentation.
This is an enormously exciting opportunity to join a high growth business and play a key role in its continued success.
The successful candidate will need to be a highly professional and aspirational Analyst with a strong interest in the renewable energy sector, whilst being driven to deliver commercial excellence to match Bute’s ethos.
You will be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail and a collaborative approach. You will be keen to develop your skills, seeing this opportunity as a fantastic way to progress in a fast-growing commercial team. As an exceptional communicator, you’ll be formulating ideas and communicating these clearly to your internal and external stakeholders, as well as demonstrating your well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail.
Key candidate requirements
- Strong academic record and relevant professional qualification. Likely to be sitting in a credible professional service, investment platform or consulting firm
- Financial modelling experience, with an ability to undertake strategic assessments alongside financial analysis
- Strong communication and networking skills, with an ability to build relationships across commercial and technical disciplines
- A passion for renewable energy and sustainability, with an appetite to translate that into strategies that contribute to the UK energy transition
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to drive business initiatives forward and to embrace change, efficiencies, and new innovations
- Strong commercial acumen with the skills to lead on commercial contracts and negotiations
- A good strategic thinker who can assesses situations quickly and will resolve issues confidently and decisively
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Intellectually curious with a broad business skillset
- Resilient: remains calm and effective under pressure
- A proactive self-starter
- Someone who is passionate, determined and who is looking for an opportunity to make their mark
Attractive package commensurate with background and experience required for the role.
What to do Next
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.