Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a Global Professional Services firm. We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager in Edinburgh with experience in Mergers and Acquisitions or a desire to move into the M&A discipline.
The Financial Advisory practice provides clients with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, many of which are cross-border or international in nature.
Working on high profile assignments, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial and client focused environment.
- Supporting the team in advising on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Assisting with the day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations and valuation analysis
- Taking responsibility for the preparation of information and client communications
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Valuation and financial modelling, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Leverage Buyout (LBO) analysis
- Supporting both marketing and business development opportunities
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture
The Person - This role would be suitable for someone with:
- The capability to contribute towards development and implementation of often innovative and bespoke M&A strategies for each transaction
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly
- A client and team focus, with the ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- A good level of meeting and presentational skills
- Logical and meticulous approaches to problem solving
- High level project management and organisational skills
- An ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial exploration for inclusion in client reports
- Experience or potential to be involved in business development activities and pitching
- The ability to establish good working relationships with teams in different product/service lines and geographies
- An ACA, CFA or equivalent accounting/finance qualification (not essential depending on other experience)
The company offers a range of flexible benefits and agile ways of working. For more information and to discuss the role confidentially, please contact Lorraine Marlow on 07738 789249 or [email protected].