Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a long-standing Glasgow-based client who is looking to add an Assistant Management Accountant to their existing team. This role offers great benefits including study support, hybrid working and progression opportunities. This role is best suited to a part qualified accountant looking to complete their professional qualification with experience in management accounts and has strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
This represents a dynamic and rewarding opportunity for individuals aspiring to contribute to the financial success of a high-performing FTSE250 company in Scotland. You will collaborate closely with the finance business partner, gaining valuable experience in providing financial and KPI data. Your role will involve crucial tasks such as cost analysis, data analysis for multiple sites and reconciliation of capital expenditure, allowing you to develop a comprehensive skill set in financial management.
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you'll play a vital role in maintaining the accuracy and completeness of financial data, ensuring proper coding and performing routine balance sheet reconciliations. Our client values proactive and detail-oriented professionals who are eager to assist in month-end activities, including the entry of journals for reporting purposes. The role also provides exposure to forecast and budget preparation and analysis for works and depots, fostering a well-rounded understanding of financial planning within the industry.
- Assist the finance business partner in preparing financial and KPI data
- Conduct cost analysis throughout the month and period end to ensure accurate coding of costs
- Perform data analysis for multiple sites throughout the month and period end
- Provide production statistics and reconcile inventory movements
- Reconcile capital expenditure to ensure accuracy
- Enter month-end journals for reporting purposes
- Aid in the preparation and analysis of forecasts and budgets for works and depots
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of financial data, ensuring proper coding
- Routinely perform balance sheet reconciliations and investigate / resolve any discrepancies
- 33 days Annual Leave (inclusive of bank and public holidays)
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
- Sharesave Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits Hub
- Pension contributions are 5% / 5%
- Life assurance is 4 x salary
To find out more on remuneration and the role, please contact the Rutherford Cross advisor Alastair Deas by emailing [email protected] for a confidential discussion.