Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a global FMCG business to help appoint an Assistant Financial Accountant. This opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and represents an excellent opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to step into a forward-thinking organisation in an excellent developmental role with good opportunities for internal career progression.
Currently the business operates a remote working policy, and it is foreseen that this will never develop into more than 1 day p/w in the office, the site is based in Lanarkshire. On offer is a salary of up to 34k + bonus and full study support. Ideally, we are looking to speak to part-qualified accountants working in commerce industry. The business is happy to consider finalists or more junior candidate if they are ambitious and possess a can-do attitude.
- Timely and accurate submission of all statutory financial and management accounting and reporting.
- Supporting all fiscal and tax compliance reporting and submissions according to local requirements
- Timely and accurate reporting and consolidation of Budget.
- Supporting both internal and external audits including review of internal controls and policies.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed monthly
- Ensure the fiscal and statutory requirements are observed for the company to be compliant with local legislation
- Month end/year end reporting including completing monthly management accounts, operating expenses, group projects, exceptional items and miscellaneous income and expense.
- Developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Pro-actively support the communication of deviations from expected financial performance
- Support the preparation of the annual Budget
- Provide support on any ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by the business
- Prepare VAT returns for UK entities.
- Co-ordinate group netting payments
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]