Rutherford Cross are delighted to be partnered with a leading sustainable animal health research and development facility, currently seeking an Assistant Financial Assistant to join their already existing market leading team. This is a newly created role, offering support to both the Management and Financial Accountant, as well as supporting the wider business on new development areas as they continue to expand into new markets.
Based in Mid-Lothian, this organisation are operating a highly flexible work policy. This opportunity requires a high attention to detail as you will be taking responsibility for the accounts payable/ receivables, as well as stock control, invoicing and debt related duties.
We are looking for someone with a commercial mindset, ability to work with a range of stakeholders and pick up systems quickly. You will also be working to tight deadlines.
Key duties include:
- Provide support to the Management Accountant and Financial Accountant for routine tasks
- Accounts Receivable, Invoicing and debt collection
- Stock reconciliation
- Processing supplier invoices and payments
- Purchase Order maintenance
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Assist in monthly reporting
- Reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), AAT Qualified or qualified by experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations
- Experienced in the use of SAP is advantageous
- Strong IT skills including working knowledge of integrated systems, as well as Excel
- Understanding of VAT
If you work well within a team, would like to join a growing/ entrepreneurial environment and have a willingness to learn, please apply with an up-to-date CV.