Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with one of Scotland’s largest corporates to help them appoint an Assistant Financial Accountant. This position has come about due to an organisational re-structure that has led to an internal promotion. The business itself has a phenomenal track record within its sector and this is a rare opportunity to join this large corporate in a position with varied exposure within their Group Accounting function. The business has a strong culture of promoting internally so there are significant opportunities for the successful individual to progress upward through the company.
Ideally, we are looking for a part-qualified accountant who is actively studying and looking to take a step up in their career. We will consider part-qualified auditors from practice or those part way through exams in industry. There are significant development opportunities with this position alongside a highly flexible working pattern with no more than 2 days a week in the office and a base salary of up to 35k. Included in the package is a bonus/excellent holidays and a market leading pension.
To support the Group Accounting Manager and Group Accountants as appropriate in performing the key tasks for the Group Financial Accounting department as follows:
Business Processes: Contribute to ensuring that any existing business processes, new business processes and any technical accounting developments which have financial implications for the group accounts are accurately reflected in the general ledger and related accounting models.
Ledger management, accounting and reporting: Help ensure that appropriate ledger structures are in place across the group, that technical accounting developments are incorporate where appropriate. Posting centralised transactions accurately and timeously.
Controls: Implement centralised control processes for the general ledger and related accounting modules for the business to ensure that accurate financial information flows into the group reporting and is compliant with all relevant accounting and legal requirements.
- Experience of financial/transactional disciplines or a candidate who is studying towards a professional qualification.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills and the ability to present complex financial information clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
- Good commercial awareness and an understanding of regulatory framework.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and constructively challenge if required, across the organisation.
- Delivery focus and high level of resilience to deal with the continually changing demands and time-pressures of the role.
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07967 289 404 / [email protected]