Rutherford Cross are supporting an innovative manufacturing business based just outside of Central Glasgow to recruit for the role of Accounts Payable and Expenses Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for 3 direct reports and will be leading and managing the UK Accounts Payable and Expenses team, ensuring that the team are managing the workload of a high volume function.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and implementing a company-wide Purchase to Pay Policy with the support of the business
- Direct management of 3 reports within the UK Accounts Payable Team
- Responsibility for maintaining accurate team performance and individual measurement statistics
- Organisation of foreign payments for multiple entities
- Management of the Accounts Payable Team ensuring that they are working with the business best practices in the process flow
- Ownership and management of the agreed escalation process for AP including communications and actioning required for problem invoices/accounts and if required, liaison with 3rd party agencies
- Provide weekly reports on amounts outstanding on an aged basis alongside commentary on the next steps
- Proactively anticipating developments and identifying accounts and issues that will require special attention and procedures
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Proven track record of ability to prioritise own workload with that of wider team and business
- Exceptional organisational skills with an adaptable approach to business change
- Experience of working with an integrated ERP/SAP system would be highly desirable
- Experience of improving effectiveness and efficiencies of operational Purchase Ledger team
On offer is the chance to work with a market-leading company in a high period of growth. With a salary of up to £35,000, a discretionary yearly bonus and hybrid working this is an excellent opportunity. If this is of interest to you please contact [email protected] for a confidential discussion.