Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading family run business to recruit for an Accounts Payable Manager on a permanent basis. This role would include Management of Accounts Payable and managing a sizeable team, reporting into the Financial Controller. This is an excellent opportunity providing lots of autonomy and the ability to mould and develop a team.
- Managing a team of 9 effectively within Accounts Payable
- Processing payments efficiently against deadlines and completing first approval
- Accurately maintaining the AP Ledger and reconciling key supplier statements
- Resolving queries that have been escalated in a timely manner and communicating with relevant stakeholders
- Build and maintain key supplier relationships including monthly calls to review any overdue balances and outstanding queries
- Enhancing the control process as well as developing KPI’s for the AP Department
- Being motivated and proactive to suggest process improvements and automation opportunities
The Ideal Candidate:
- Used to working in larger businesses
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of transactions
- Proven track record of managing a team, building positive team culture and working on development
- Demonstrable history of introducing improved processes and controls, showing benefits brought to the AP team and wider business
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills – particularly MS Excel
On offer is the opportunity to work with a well established and high performing business who are looking to grow and develop further. With a salary of up to £45,000 and benefits such as an annual bonus scheme, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced team leader/manager in transactional finance.