Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with a forward-thinking and fast-growing biotechnology business to appoint an Accountant. This opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and represents an excellent opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join a high-performing finance team.
Ideally, looking to engage with part-qualified/QBE accountants who are looking to take a step up in their career. If you feel as if you have mastered the transactional elements of your role and want to get involved in month-end and forward-thinking commercial activities then this represents an ideal fit for you.
- Responsible for a number of month-end close balance sheet and profit and loss account processes
- Maintenance and control of the purchase and sales ledger which may include supporting the AP clerk with the processing of documentation
- Responsible for the timely payment of all suppliers in accordance with Valneva Scotland Ltd terms of business
- Deal with any escalated supplier queries and resolve them promptly
- Management of COGS and Inventory cycle
- Fixed asset register management
- Maintain and reconcile cash
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of Accruals, Intercompany and Prepayments
- Assist with the completion of budget and forecast cycles where requested
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of draft management accounts and commentary
- Assist with preparation and information gathering for ad hoc financial modelling
- Assist with the completion of HMRC documentation in relation to VAT including submission of return
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500.