Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with one of Scotland’s largest and most successful businesses. The company is headquartered in Glasgow and has displayed impressive growth in recent years.
This newly created position is based at the Head Office in Glasgow and will be part of a broader Internal Audit team. The role reports into the the Internal Audit Senior Manager who is turn reports into the Head of Internal Audit. The role is responsible for one direct report.
This is an important position within the audit structure and has a remit covering the whole of the division. The function is responsible for both financial and operational audits with the greatest emphasis on the latter. Going forward, it is envisaged that the function will also be responsible for driving through process and controls improvements, including in relation to Information Technology systems and applications.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Senior Manager, the main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- As directed by the Internal Audit Senior Manager, conducts audit reviews as identified via the Internal Audit plan, to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, operational instructions and best practice procedures
- Prepares individual Audit Terms of Reference scoping documents for specific audits or projects, for approval
- Prepares Audit review findings documents for review and approval by Internal Audit Senior Manager
- Day to day line management of Internal Audit and Risk Remediation team members, whilst reporting to Internal Audit Senior Manager
- Execution of audit fieldwork including the documentation and evaluation of internal procedures, operating processes and controls and supporting systems
- Communication of audit findings and recommendations for improvement at the conclusion of audits, with relevant business personnel - both written and verbal
- Works with others to implement plans and projects that improve the internal control environment, and aligned processes to remediate risk to a level which meets the business risk appetite
- Solicit feedback and formal management responses on recommendations and subsequent remediation points, to ensure improved controls and processes are implemented in a timely manner
- Ad hoc financial investigations and financial analysis of business performance
- Ensures that all audit review work is documented in accordance with appropriate standards
The candidate should be a proven self-starter, confident and able to understand a variety of systems and processes quickly. In addition, individuals will be challenging but constructive in their audit and project work and able to communicate with people at all levels in the organization, both verbally and in written reports. Applicants will need to have an inquisitive mind, be good with figures and data analysis and have a high level of computer literacy.
The candidate will be professionally qualified (CA, ACCA, or equivalent) and will have at least four years audit experience, preferably including a period focusing specifically on Internal Audit/controls auditing. Ideally, individuals will have at least one year of people management experience. Although not essential, experience of auditing IT systems and controls would be an advantage.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement
- CCAB qualified with 1-2 years’ post-qualification experience
- Ideally have at least 1 year of people management experience
- Excellent technical foundation in reporting and improvement
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, internal/external stakeholders or customers
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and motivate staff to do likewise
- Self-motivated and capable of developing the current role over time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel
Remuneration and Benefits
In addition to a generous salary, the company offers a bonus, pension, life assurance and family private medical cover.
What to do Next
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our retained advisors at Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be passed to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.