Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with one of Scotland’s market leading listed companies. The company is seeking to identify and engage a high calibre qualified Accountant to undertake a key finance role within the organisation. The primary focuses of the role will centre on financial accounting, management reporting and involvement in the Group budgeting process. The individual will be operating out of the Glasgow Head Office and will be designated to manage international sites.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare and consulate the Group statutory Accountants as well as subsidiary companies’ accounts
- Engage in the audit process
- Participate in the preparation of taxation elements within the Group
- Manage and be responsible for international off site division
- Conduct analysis of performance across the Group
- Engage in a range of relevant ad-hoc projects
- Manage a financial team as well as operate alongside Executive teams
- Work with systems developers to improve efficiency of reporting
To be considered an applicant for this role the individual should be degree qualified and hold a professional accountancy qualification. It is likely that individuals will have c1-3 years’ post-qualification experience and applications are welcomed from those seeking their first move from the profession.
The nature of this role requires the individual to be self-motivated and have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines as well as multi-task to complete several projects. In would be beneficial if the applicant had experience working within commerce/industry or management level in large professional organisations.