Rutherford Cross is pleased to be partnered with a global premium drinks business, home to some very recognisable gin & whisky brands, to appoint the newly created position of Cost & Inventory Accountant. The business is currently going through a period of growth and is scaling their function accordingly, hence this newly created role. This represents a great opportunity to join a high-calibre team in a role that offers scope for progression & development, alongside a highly flexible working model.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with Qual / PQ / QBE accountants who have prior experience in a manufacturing, consumer goods, food or whisky environment. An understanding of cost accounting is important and any prior experience in the whisky industry would be hugely advantageous.
Reporting to the Commercial Planning Manager, the main purpose of the role is to increase company profitability, working closely with the Commercial Finance team to provide management with accurate financial information to aid decision-making. You will be responsible for all inventory-related accounting, reporting and controls.
- Margin and variance analysis
- Inventory valuation (existing products and supporting new products)
- Overhead calculations and variances
- Reconciliation between SAP and DRAMS; timely resolution of issues arising
- Supervision / review of cycle counts
- Inventory ageing analysis and reporting
- Slow-moving / obsolete inventory strategy and reporting
- Annual HMRC reporting
- Material review board
- Involvement with preparing the annual budget
- Manage and own your professional development in order to achieve your work objectives and your career and personal goals
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected].