Our market leading client is seeking a high calibre qualified accountant to fulfil a key role in their Edinburgh office. Reporting to the Finance Director, the role is responsible for the overall delivery of financial and management reporting, overseeing all transactional processing and supervising a sizeable team.
Specifically, this will include:
- Overall responsibility for the production and consolidation of financial and management accounts
- Responsibility for the delivery of the monthly accounting close process
- Ensuring all transactional processing is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop high quality management information and analysis to support commercial decision making
- Oversee the running of the central finance department through a number of line managers
- Co-ordinate staff development, deliver staff appraisals and recruit into the team as required
- Promoted a culture of standardisation and continuous improvement, especially in relation to the implementation of robust processes and controls
- Maintenance and development of the ERP system
To be considered for this role, you will be a degree educated, qualified accountant with significant experience of the accounting and financial control requirements of complex, large scale business environments. You will possess excellent technical skills, coupled with proven management experience and a natural ability to balance the expectations of numerous senior stakeholders.
You must have a firm understanding of world class business processes and controls with a commitment to delivering excellence across the accounting function. Moreover, you will bring a high level of commercial understanding to the role, especially in how finance interlinks with the operational and commercial functions.
Salary Details £75,000 - £90,000 + excellent benefits