Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a well-established retail business headquartered in Glasgow, to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join their finance team. The Finance Team work at a fast pace to that payments are collected and recorded timeously. The role will suit someone that is used to, and enjoys working in an environment where credit control and cash collection is a key component of the business.
- Telephone and email liaison with customers to ensure payments are received in the required time frame
- Accurate cash allocation and recording of receipts on the accounting system
- Customer account reconciliation
- Analysis of company CRM/booking system to ensure that all sales are captured
- Identify any customers that are potentially experiencing difficulties and liaise with management to propose solutions/actions
- Liaise with sales managers to ensure customer queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure bad debt is kept to an absolute minimum and any account issues are resolved
- Support other members of the team and provide cover for colleagues during periods of leave
This role requires a well-organised, proactive and experienced Credit Controller who is able to liaise with a wide variety of customers ranging from large PLCs to smaller businesses as well as forming strong relationships with other members of the finance and sales teams.
- Significant previous experience working in fast paced credit control role
- Professional and polite manner when dealing with customers
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills would be very beneficial
- Prior experience of Sage accounting systems
- Excellent numeracy and verbal skills
On offer is a salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience and hybrid working. For more information, please contact Eilidh Graham at Rutherford Cross at [email protected]