Finance Business Partner – Hutchison Technology
Dundee – Market leading remuneration available
Headquartered in Dundee, Hutchison Ltd is a family business that has operated for almost 30 years with a simple purpose, ‘To make a positive difference for people through access to better technology’. This purpose has enabled the establishment of in-house Research and Development, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing teams now delivering new engineered technologies, including smart energy and medical training products.
Hutchison Ltd is the holding company for a number of operating businesses. Hutchison Technologies, the original business, was set up in 1991 and designs audio visual and effect lighting solutions for UK and European Health and Fitness, Hospitality and Leisure, and Retail customers. In 2007, Hutchison International launched as a global manufacturing, technology services and outsourcing operation, which has since expanded to have centres of excellence in Asia and UK. In addition, there is a Joint Venture, FitboxVirtual; and imminent plans to launch Hutchison Europe.
Between the core business of Hutchison Technologies and Hutchison International, revenues are in the region of c.£25m per annum (up from £15m in 2020), with expectations to reach similar growth level (£10-£15m) over the next three years. This growth is likely to be organic and mainly achieved from expansion the original core AV/ Telecom business into new markets, as well as end sectors including education, trusts and venues. Employee numbers are currently c.110 in total though that is expected to grow.
Hutchison Ltd is investing heavily in infrastructure and is due to complete its new global headquarters at Luna Place, Dundee, during Q4 of 2022. This impressive purpose-built office is easily accessible from Riverside Avenue just off the A90. The intention is to create an environment that encourages collaboration and innovation, and where we can showcase our work to current and potential customers.
Hutchison Technologies is looking for a motivated and experienced Finance Business Partner to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining financial and accounting procedures to support their International division, as well as the work of the wider Finance team.
The successful individual will provide managers with financial insights and analysis with a view to make informed decisions that help drive the business forward.
Real time communication is critical to the role as is understanding of the audience. Therefore, the Finance Business Partner must have developed communication skills coupled with commercial awareness and proven analysis abilities to form active and productive partnerships with operations and management.
- Preparing monthly accounts ensuring they adhere to current financial reporting practice and provide insightful commentary improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Supporting the development and implementation of best financial practices, effective commercial procedures and initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered
- Providing analysis and financial reports to support key decisions and build business strategy
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Responsible for detailed financial forecasting and budgeting for Hutchison International and taking a leading role in the overarching Hutchison Group forecast and budget
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and controls
The Finance Business Partner requires a professionally qualified, high-calibre accountant who possesses a proactive and commercial approach to commercial decision making and a genuine desire to drive value. The role requires a range of technical and stakeholder management skills, along with the ability to work in a collaborative environment alongside peers, as well as develop a small team. It is preferred that the individual will have operated in another entrepreneurial business undergoing growth and international expansion.
- An experienced, commercial and appropriately qualified finance professional with a proven track record of success within a similar, challenging role
- Degree qualified with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, etc.), or qualified by experience
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrable experience in driving margin alongside the ability to input positively into commercial contracts, customer/supplier relationships and any other drivers that can boost financial performance
- Willing to take ownership for driving performance across all areas of the business, seeking involvement and engagement in all value drivers appropriately
- Proven accounting skills, diligence, and accuracy as well as strong financial modelling and planning, paired with excellent analytical ability with good attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, suppliers, and others
- Keen attention to detail and well organised
- Able to prioritise and deliver to tight timescales, use initiative and coordinate a range of tasks
- Willing to undertake all necessary training including required CPD
- Commitment to delivering the highest standard of service for the wider business
- Attractive package commensurate with background and experience required for the role.
What to do Next
- To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
- Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.