Our client is a market leading organisation based in central Edinburgh undergoing significant and sustained growth. An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre tax professional to join an established function that is responsible for all tax issues across the business, including business partnering, corporate structuring and corporate risk.
Reporting directly to the Senior Tax Manager, the Senior Tax Business Partner will work with the finance function and partner with the business to deliver tax efficient and risk balanced acquisitions, divestments, developments and business integration projects.
The role will also be expected to support the tax function and finance function on projects and compliance, as well as non-tax areas such as structuring and risk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing expertise within the organisation and representing the tax function on acquisitions, disposals and integrations
- Business partnering stakeholders and being the main tax point of contact on projects and deals
- Integrating new businesses, projects and processes so they are ready to hand over to business as usual
- Providing the tax assumptions and tax modelling mechanics to the financial modelling teams
- Pre-acquisition/disposal review and due diligence
- Transaction planning and structuring
To apply for this role, you will require the following:
- CTA or a professional accounting qualification (i.e. CA, ACCA, ACMA)
- A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience within a large accounting firm and/or in an in-house capacity
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and an ability to convey complex problems in a non-technical and easy to understand manner for the business
- The ability to deal with people at all levels and across business functions
- Prior M&A experience would be advantageous
To apply or have a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Amy Peoples on