Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working in partnership with a fast-growing, private equity backed group, based in Glasgow city centre to appoint a Revenue Accountant.
The group is making two acquisitions per month and has established itself as the largest in its sector in Scotland. The business is on track to double in size over the next two years, with ambition to double again in the proceeding years.
The Group delivers a forward-thinking, modern approach to its operation, expanding access through a wider geographical reach and performing to the highest standards, offering greater flexibility and choice to its customers, thereby improving the consumer experience. The P.E. investment supports the management team in consolidating the Scottish market in this sector to establish themselves as market leaders. The backers also provide capital for investment in equipment and services to ensure the Group continues to remain at the forefront of consumer care.
The Revenue Accountant position requires a professionally qualified accountant who possesses excellent organisational, interpersonal, and technical skills. The ability to build relationships with and influence internal stakeholders, is a key requirement, as are first class technical accounting skills. As the group is in the midst of a sustained period of growth, there is a significant focus on continuous improvement and development of reporting.
A strong track record of achievement both professionally and academically is required given the nature and requirements of this position.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified accountant CA, ACCA or CIMA with commercial awareness and business acumen
- Experience of multi-site revenue accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills including both management and statutory financial reporting
- Demonstrable ability to maintain robust financial control environment and drive process improvement/efficiency
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, managing communications within the finance team and across all departments in the business and external partners
- Takes responsibility for assigned processes/projects and able to progress to completion independently
- Attention to detail, highly organised and with good time management
- Strong analytical skills to support business decision making processes
- Comfortable working with high volumes of data and able to rapidly assess workflow requirements
- Inquisitive & with the ability to learn quickly
To take ownership of the company’s revenue accounting and payment process.
- Ownership of monthly process for calculation and payment of revenue share arrangements, including ongoing maintenance and development of automated systems
- Ownership of preparation and entry of monthly financial accounting data in relation to revenue and gross margin across group of sites
- Variance analysis of monthly gross margin position with reporting findings to Head of Operations
- Support in calculating and processing accruals and journals as required
- Review of monthly operational metrics, including verification and explanation of variances and providing explanatory commentary to the Financial Controller
- Preparation of annual budget inputs relating to revenue and gross margin, support the coordination of the process, validation of underlying assumptions
- Support the development of an automation projects and continuous improvement initiatives
Opportunity to work with and learn from exceptional CFO
Exposure to fast-paced PE backed, acquisitive business