This role is the perfect opportunity to work for an ambitious company where you don’t have to substitute a challenging, rewarding career for part time hours, being circa 30 hours a week.
Due to numerous acquisitions and significant investment, a rapidly evolving, innovative business is looking to appoint an operationally focused Finance Director who will be accountable for the planning and managing of financial performance and mitigating risk. As part of the leadership team, you will be a well-rounded individual who will support strategic direction and tactical initiatives, but will be sufficiently hands to ensure the effective day to day management of the finance function.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the capital requirements and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures and metrics to support strategic direction
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Oversee UK financial operations and implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Heavily involved in the due diligence of acquisitions
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange and manage any debt and equity financing
- Manage monthly reporting and maintain relationship with external auditors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
You will have an exceptional business partner approach and will have a track record in implementing and monitoring key Management Information to drive financial performance. You will also be a strong influencer with the ability to build exceptional relationships across the business, coupled with exceptional leadership qualities demonstrating an appetite to develop talent within the finance team.
Ideally, the Finance Director will come from an evolving SME, preferably from an operationally complex business such as engineering, manufacturing or facilities management. Individuals coming from a margins focused business with exposure to commercial contracts is highly advantageous.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Laura Montgomery on [email protected]