Rutherford Cross is working with a highly commercial business who have experienced a prolonged period of growth. My client is offering an opportunity to play an integral part in the set up and design of a financial control framework in their existing, experienced finance function. There is also an opportunity to work on their insurance programme to aid in protecting the business against financial loss.
Key duties include:
- Designing and communicating an effective Financial Control Framework to the wider business
- Responsibility for undertaking ownership of the key compliance and finance policies, checking they are fit for purpose
- Undertaking continuous improvement working, identifying any key areas for focus
- Working with finance and non-finance stakeholders on a regular basis
- Coordinating and managing the extensive Insurance portfolio of the business
The successful applicant will have experience working in a complex environment within a large-scale finance department. Ideally you would hold an accounting qualification or have relevant recent experience in internal audit and previous experience of working in financial controls improvement projects. Having worked in an Insurance environment or having a good understanding of Insurance policies would be highly preferable but not essential. First class communication skills will also be essential, and the required candidate must have the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- Salary £40,000 - £50,000
- Extremely generous pension scheme.
- Holidays – 31 days plus 9 bank holidays
- Offering a good work/life balance
- Life Cover – 4 x Basic Salary