Museums Galleries Scotland (MGS) is the National Development Body for the museum sector in Scotland. Its role is to work collaboratively to invest in and develop a sustainable museum and galleries sector for Scotland, in line with the aims of ‘Going Further: The National Strategy for Scotland’s Museums and Galleries.’
Guided by the vision of the National Strategy that “Scotland’s museums and galleries will be ambitious, dynamic and sustainable enterprises: connecting people, places and collections; inspiring, delighting and creating public value” MGS facilitates and enables museums and galleries in Scotland to deliver in line with the strategy’s aims through strategic investment, advice, advocacy and skills development opportunities.
MGS’s objectives are to:
- Facilitate sector development in partnership with key stakeholders
- Undertake focused investment in the sector which delivers impact and change
- Raise museum standards across the sector
- Develop effective communications with the sector and advocate on its behalf
- Develop a high quality and robust evidence base for the sector and to inform and support their business operations and service offering
- Ensure the National Development Body is an organisation fit for purpose to lead the sector
For further information on Museums Galleries Scotland, visit: www.museumsgalleriesscotland.org.uk
Following an internal restructure, reflecting the organisation’s aspirations to work in a more agile and enterprising way and subsequently decision to out-source some of the finance activities, MGS are looking to recruit an experienced (Part Time) Head of Finance & Compliance, reporting directly to the CEO, to assume responsibility for finance, governance and support services.
Click here for details on the Part Time Head of Finance & Compliance opportunity