Wireless Infrastructure Group (WIG) is an independent telecommunications infrastructure company and the UK market leader for neutral host connectivity solutions. Since their launch in 2007, they have invested in over 2,200 shared wireless infrastructure facilities. Their main customers include major mobile network providers such as O2, Vodafone, EE and Three, as well as over 100 other customers.
WIG is backed by Brookfield, one of the largest owners and operators of infrastructure assets in the world, providing us with significant and competitive capital resources. Brookfield acquired WIG in 2019 in a £575m transaction and is committed to ensuring its portfolio companies lead the way on ESG.
WIG operates across the UK, Netherlands and Ireland and has an incredible team of passionate people working from our UK regional bases in London, Bellshill and Solihull. In 2021, WIG opened a new office in Dallas, Texas, as it seeks to expand its indoor networks business into the United States. WIG employs c.70 people and generates EBITDA of over £25m.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is an important new role at Wireless Infrastructure Group with responsibility for a diverse range of activities. The FP&A Manager will report to the Financial Controller but is expected to work closely with the CFO on matters such as budgeting and enhancing the quality and delivery of financial information.
The role would suit an individual looking to broaden their experience within a dynamic SME environment at a growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated finance professional who wants to work in a high growth, private equity backed environment and within a company that can provide a firm career platform for personal and professional development.
The successful candidate will be:
- Excellent at financial modelling, problem solving and have advanced analytical skills
- Able to present financial information in a concise and engaging manner
- Naturally curious, with an interest in engaging with the business to understand the story behind the numbers
- Willing to challenge the status quo appropriately, identifying and implementing new and improved ways of working
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business and with the private equity shareholders
Key skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record
- Professionally qualified accountant (CA, ACCA, ACMA) with 3-5 years PQE
- Developing strong relationships across the business
- Working in organisations with a high degree of complexity
- Successful candidate is likely to have a background in a big four or mid-tier accounting firm and has spent some time working in a finance department in industry
- Ability to present financial information clearly, concisely and in an engaging manner
- Excellent Excel and financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident in use of PowerPoint for preparing reports and analysis
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing workload effectively
- Ability to identify business improvement opportunities and drive implementation
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business
- Knowledge of accounting standards and developments relevant to the business
- Understanding of the capabilities of a good ERP system
What is on Offer?
In addition to a highly attractive salary, you will also receive a car allowance (£5,400), 9.6% employer contribution to pension, family private healthcare and a management bonus.
What to do Next
To find out more or see a full Position Profile, please contact our retained advisor, Jonathan Donnelly at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
Please note that any direct or third-party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.