I am delighted to be working with one of our key clients to help them recruit for a Senior Management Accountant. We are looking for an energetic, personable and driven qualified accountant. We need someone with excellent interpersonal skills as you will be managing a team of three. You will also be responsible for providing high-quality management information. Moreover, you will be assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day running of the finance department and regularly interacting with and meeting with clients.
The business is flexible on candidate background. Qualification status is the key aspect alongside personality fit. Our client is actively looking to win new contracts and to continue to expand and grow. So, we want someone who wants to grow with the business and ultimately wants the next job. This business has a strong track record of promoting internally. They are based in the city centre of Glasgow and have adopted a flexible working model. The salary range is 40-44k - potentially some stretch for a superstar.
Key requirements of the role.
- Responsibility for achieving internal and external deadlines
- Work closely with the Finance Manager, Financial Controller and Finance Director to ensure all department targets are achieved
- Support and develop finance team members, deliver staff appraisals, PDP’s and regular 1-to-1’s
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and customer reports
- Support operational field management across all areas of the business
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Day to day control over P&L and Balance Sheets
- Ensure that VAT, PSA, P11D and employee-related taxes are correctly accounted for and paid by due dates.
- Deal with ad hoc customer requests within required deadlines
- Prepare audit files and assist external auditors during fieldwork
- Review processes and actively make improvements
- Produce financial reports for key stakeholders – including P&L, divisional and client financial information and commentary, and other ad hoc reports – as required
- Continually reviewing and reporting actual financial performance against budget to the key stakeholders, with value-adding back-up documentation and explanations
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please reach out to Harry Young at Rutherford Cross in the first instance on 07494 280 500. Alternatively, drop him a note at [email protected]