Rutherford Cross is excited to be working in partnership with a successful, Glasgow city centre based organisation to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant.
This role takes responsibility for the financial reporting of the Group’s subsidiary entities and supports the Tax, Treasury & Reporting Manager in matters relating to the Group’s treasury and investment activities.
The role also has specific responsibility for the accounting and tax affairs of the Group’s endowment assets.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements for all the Group’s subsidiary entities and liaising with the external auditors to ensure completion in accordance with the agreed audit timetable
- The finance lead on all matters relating to the Group’s subsidiary entities in both the UK and Singapore
- To support the preparation of the annual financial statements for the Group and to support other year-end close processes as required
- To act proactively to ensure that all relevant external reporting obligations (including best practice recommendations) are implemented for the Group’s subsidiary entities on a timely basis
- Responsible for the Group’s endowment funds on both financial and tax matters, including maintaining complete and accurate accounting records and delivering ad hoc reporting as required
- Responsible for the Group’s intercompany accounting, including the preparation of intercompany invoices and the timely reconciliation of and settlement of intercompany balances
- To undertake the preparation and/or review of various balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Responsible the Group’s other investments on both financial and tax matters, including maintaining complete and accurate accounting records and delivering ad hoc reporting as required
- To support the Tax, Treasury & Reporting Manager in managing a range of professional advisors, including banks, asset fund managers and other investment advisors
- Qualified accountant with strong financial accounting experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people and organisations, both internally and externally
- Demonstrable customer service skills with the ability to evidence a strategic solution focused approach that is adaptable to the needs of the customer and the continued success of the department
- Able to prioritise, manage and deliver workload to tight deadlines and deal with competing demands from various stakeholders
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability, with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Analytical ability to be able to manipulate and understand complex data sets and reach informed conclusions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and deliver against agreed objectives and goals
- Salary £44,000-£51,000
- Exceptional pension scheme
- 39 days annual leave
- Positive work/life balance
- City centre location