Interim Finance Manager job (Hybrid/Remote) with one of Scotland’s leading charities, based in Glasgow. This role is for an initial 3–4-month period. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for:
- External reporting including the preparation of year-end statutory accounts
- Management of internal and external audit to ensure compliance with FRS102 legislation
- Preparation of financial reports and attendance at Committee meetings
- Ensuring reliability of the organisation’s transactional services
- Leading on income completeness ensuring all revenue is recognised and billed correctly
- Overseeing the finances of those whom the charity supports
- Supporting the finances on new business tenders as required
- Ensuring timely payments by overseeing the company bank accounts, purchase orders, BACS payment runs and payroll
- Reviewing and updating financial policies and procedures to maintain financial control
- Assisting with systems development as required
- Conducting annual appraisals and supervisions for finance team to provide support and monitor performance
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Qualified or ‘Qualified by Experience” finance professional with a passion for charitable organisations and the not-for-profit sector. A proven background in charity reporting is essential as well as good knowledge of SOFA preparation. You will be confident working to tight deadlines and have previous people management skills. Finally, you will be a competent excel user and enjoy building working relationships with senior managers, trustees, and external advisers.
This role is largely remote with only 1 day required on site. Salary: £42,500 p.a. or equivalent day rate.