Rutherford Cross is retained by Denholm Oilfield Services in Glasgow to recruit a Group Financial Controller.
Denholm Oilfield Services is an international service provider offering leading edge services principally to the oil and gas sector. Denholm Oilfield Services employs over 4,000 people and is proud of the specialist experience and skill of its workforce. With operations in the UK, Caspian, Middle East and USA, Denholm Oilfield Services is strategically based to support their clients across the international oil and gas, and marine sectors.
This individual would play a key part in preparing the business for an IPO which provides a unique opportunity in the local market.
The position requires a driven, high caliber individual who has strong interpersonal skills, is detail orientated, well organised and possesses excellent technical knowledge. The position encompasses a combination of key accounting tasks for several subsidiary companies within the group. As the group finance team is lean in nature, it is important that everyone can take ownership of their duties.
An overview of core responsibilities includes:
- The consolidation, interrogation, reporting and delivery of the Group monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts and annual budget to Board Paper standard
- Management of the Group audit process, main point of contact with the auditors for the Group and Corporate division and preparation of the Group financial statements
- Group and Corporate cashflow management, preparation of quarterly cashflow forecasts and management of the Groups working capital facility
- Responsible for the delivery of Corporate division management accounts and holding company bookkeeping and statutory accounts preparation
- Internal audit visits to UK and overseas locations based on audit committee approved annual plan
- Assisting with the Group banking activities with HSBC, covenant reporting, supporting subsidiaries, including foreign exchange dealing
- Supporting the CFO preparing for future IPO
- Finance and technical support to entity, divisional finance managers
- Support the development of enhanced Group financial reporting tools, preparation of Group business plans and ad hoc reporting on current Group financial issues
- Assisting in other ad hoc projects as requested by the Group Executive team
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Qualified CA (Preference), ACCA, CIMA
- Highly organised & efficient
- Strong technical foundation in accounting
- Exposure to taxation issues, reporting and accounting
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management and internal/external stakeholders
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of MS Excel and experience with accounting packages
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
Salary on offer for the role is £50,000- £60,000 depending on experience plus an attractive Pension of employee contribution 2.5% and employer 12.5% and additional package.