Circularity Capital uses the circular economy as a framework to support investee businesses in decoupling their growth from resource constraints, enhance resource productivity and drive competitive advantage. The team has specific expertise and a powerful network in the circular economy which they use to identify, source and secure proprietary investment opportunities and add value to portfolio businesses through access to talent, market information and new business development opportunities.
Circularity Capital’s investors include financial institutions, global corporations, and leading family offices. At the heart of their ability to create value for investors is a focus on combining specialist expertise in the circular economy with institutional quality private equity experience.
They are a leader in a fast-growing field with two funds under management and the ambition to deliver a multi-fund future strategy. The partners are focused on building a strong team to capitalise on the market opportunity.
The Financial Controller incorporates a blend of accounting and stakeholder management, requiring a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, well organised, detail conscious and possesses excellent technical skills. A background in private equity would be useful, but more important is that the individual is experienced in the accounting, commercial and operational requirements of a growing, entrepreneurial business.
- Preparing financial data and coordinating across the team in preparing the quarterly and annual investor reports, including supporting the regular unlisted investment valuation preparation process, across all funds
- Supporting the preparation and update of fund models
- Liaising with third party providers for fund administration, tax compliance, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Contributing to the ongoing development of software utilisation to support business developments and financial data requirements
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Preparing monthly cost reports and quarterly management accounts, including VAT
- Tracking the company's internal financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Adopting and updating financial policies and procedures for the company (as appropriate)
- Understanding and adhering to financial regulations and legislation
- Maintaining and updating the compliance calendar and carrying out the necessary actions
- Supporting the annual external health check process to ensure execution of compliance standards
- Contributing to compliance horizon scanning and developing an understanding of current issues
- Supporting the completion of quarterly and annual FCA filings
- Supporting the Compliance Officer and MLRO with the annual compliance review process
This role is aimed at a professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for driving process improvements and developing good working relationships across the business.
It is critical that the Financial Controller can work closely with the Head of Reporting & Compliance as well as the Partners. In particular, it is crucial they can take responsibility for the function and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Newly qualified (CA, ACCA, CIMA) to 1 or 2 years post qualified or qualified by experience
- Have solid academic background with strong technical accounting skills
- Have audit/accounting/finance experience in or of an FCA regulated firm/environment including those managing unlisted investments
- Be highly collaborative and comfortable working as part of a small, dedicated and highly motivated team
- Be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work on a wide variety of projects
- Be honest, trustworthy, and ethical
- Have strong computer skills include advanced excel
Attractive package commensurate with background and experience required for the role.
What to do Next
To find out more on remuneration, the role or to see a full Position Profile, please contact their retained advisor, William Dodds at Rutherford Cross by emailing [email protected]
Please note that any direct or third party approaches will be sent to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.