Our client is a rapidly expanding and highly acquisitive market leader operating in the Retail sector. As a direct consequence of this growth, the business is seeking to add a commercially astute Finance Manager to the team Scotland.
Reporting to the Commercial Director with a dotted line into Head Office finance, the primary focus of the role is to provide commercial decision support to the current retail outlets and support future acquisitions. This will involve the provision of high quality financial analysis, insightful forecasting and managing a range of financial and non-financial stakeholders across the business.
The company represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional having displayed strong revenue and profit growth in recent years. Moreover, it exposes the successful individual to a highly entrepreneurial company which continues to make strategic acquisitions and ventures into new markets. In addition, it will provide a firm career platform with future opportunities for personal development and progression.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the position incorporates a blend of financial analysis, decision support and stakeholder management requiring interaction with the Head Office team, operations and external advisors.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Weekly forecasting on volume and profit
- Budgeting and strategic planning
- Profitability reviews on key accounts and renewals
- Acquisition modeling and decision support
- Support new business development
- Close liaison with credit control on debtors and risk management
- Capital expenditure evaluation
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required
The Commercial Finance Manager position requires a high calibre individual who is strong interpersonally, commercially astute and possesses sound technical accounting skills. A background in multi-site retail would be highly advantageous due to the specifics of the industry, especially in relation to stock, staffing and risk assessment. In addition, it is important that the individual is experienced in the accounting, commercial and operational requirements of a fast-paced, high volume environment.
This role is aimed at a professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience. The ideal candidate will be a strong influencer who is capable of driving process improvements, supporting commercial decision making and developing good working relationships across the business.
Finally, it is critical that the Finance Manager can work closely with the Commercial Director. In particular, it is crucial they can take responsibility for pro-active decision making and possess sufficient gravitas to challenge current thinking and drive positive change.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Degree educated with a track record of high academic achievement
- CA/ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 7 years’ PQE
- Background in large, complex business environments, ideally in the retail sector
- Proven track record in commercial, business facing roles
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management, internal/external stakeholders or customers
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and capable of developing the current role over time
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent IT skills
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business and happy to travel to other UK locations as required
Salary Details: £70,000 - 80,000 + car + bonus + private medical