Rutherford Cross is delighted to have been exclusively engaged to conduct a search for an Assurance Manager to join a challenger bank in Edinburgh. Our client is dynamic and innovative with a forward-thinking approach, including a flexible remote working policy to suit your needs, that something that was in place well before the pandemic.
This is a key role in the Controls Assurance team. Reporting into the Head of Control Assurance, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and leading assurance plans focused on outsourced suppliers, working with key stakeholders and supplier relationship managers to ensure technical risks are identified, reported, and managed effectively.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop robust planning to identify key supplier processes, risks, and controls which will deliver proportionate and targeted testing plans in line with methodology.
- Lead the delivery of assurance reviews, responsible for the identification and assessment of risks and key controls within third party suppliers.
- Complete timely, concise, and accurate reports to convey outcomes of assurance activities to key suppliers, policy and risk stakeholders and relevant SMEs.
- Deliver improvements to the Bank's overall understanding of supplier risk and assurance activities.
- Monitor the progress of actions and treatment plans developed to mitigate key risks.
- Use industry networks to maintain and enhance awareness of market trends and external factors to ensure the Bank has a robust approach to the assurance of suppliers.
The successful candidate:
- Demonstrate a strong risk management, assurance, or control testing background ideally within the Financial Services sector.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the following areas of risk: Information Security, Business Continuity & Incident Management, Information Technology, Records Management, Data Protection and Data Governance
- IT based audit/& assurance skills would be advantageous and if possible, an industry recognised qualification focused on IT/IS risk. Ideally you will have experience in at least one of the following: COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, ISO22301, ISO20000.
- A strong understanding of supplier management and the associated risks would also be advantageous.
- Great stakeholder management skills and be ready to engage with colleagues and third parties across diverse areas and activities to influence and support plan delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to a competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, our client offers flexible working, including remote working to suit your needs in a post-COVID world. You can also buy extra holidays, you are entitled to discounts on products, private healthcare benefits plus much more.
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.