Accounting Shared Services Manager, Aberdeen, £75,000 - £100,000 + excellent bonus and benefits
Our client is a leading oil and gas development and production company which has displayed strong growth in recent years, both organically and via acquisition. As a result, the company are now seeking a recruit a high calibre Accounting Shared Services Manager to be based in Aberdeen.
The role reports directly to the Senior Finance Manager with accountability and responsibility for all Accounting Shared Services. The successful incumbent will have an Accounting Shared Services background, ideally developed in an Oil & Gas Operator environment, together with technical accounting experience, passion for delivery to ‘best in class’ standard, the determination to succeed and ability to manage and develop a team of 12 via 3 direct reports.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional and exposes the successful individual to senior leaders across the business. The company will also provide a firm career platform with excellent future opportunities for personal development and progression.
The position incorporates a blend of general accounting, transactional processing and people management, requiring an individual who is strong bothtechnically and interpersonally. The role is aimed at an experienced Accounting Shared Services professional who is a proven leader and possesses a passion for delivering a “best in class” standard. A background in an Oil & Gas operator is advantageous and it would be desirable if the individual is experienced in the accounting and processing requirements of a complex, listed international company.
Certainly, it is essential that the individual displays all the required personal characteristics, especially in demonstrating confidence, gravitas and an ability to communicate with staff and stakeholders at all levels across the business.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Ideally, University graduate with a relevant degree
- Excellent oral and written communications and confident public speaker
- Can demonstrate good team management skills
- Personable individual who can articulate learning and development experiences
- Logically minded with the ability to demonstrate creative and effective problem solving capability
- Can demonstrate a high level of influencing skills
- Ability to work in a pivotal role within the Finance Team
- Good planning and organisational skills, SMART working methods and can demonstrate personal effectiveness and delivery to deadlines in previous roles
- Results focused with a commitment to the delivery of “best in class” service to the business
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with excellent interpersonal, team working and presentation skills
- Ability to proactively identify areas for improvement and implement initiatives
- Actively encourages others to participate in finding solutions
- Drives effective information sharing, with the ability to build networks and use a range of contacts inside and outside the company
- Ability to proactively identify areas for improvement and change
- Significant experience in a similar role or strong demonstrable accounting experience with an Oil & Gas operator
- Experience of and can demonstrate sound technical accounting knowledge
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Significant excel skills and experience of extracting financial reporting information from accounting systems (SUN preferred)
In addition to a generous salary, the company also a number of other excellent benefits including a
bonus up to 30% of salary, share schemes, 10% contributory pension, private healthcare (family) and
What To Do Next
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our retained advisor Mark Lewis at
Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be passed to Rutherford
Cross for review and assessment.