Founded by Alexander Johnston in 1797, the first ever Elgin Mill began creating a legacy of fine craft and exquisite fabric. By 1810, Johnstons of Elgin had quickly and firmly established themselves as a leader in the wool industry. Over the years, Johnstons of Elgin has expanded their product range and broken into global markets. Their products have been showcased at various exhibitions and they have been awarded numerous prizes for excellence, all while continuing to grow and open new factories and flagship stores along the way.
Today, Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand with over 220 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, the family–owned company has carefully sourced cashmere and fine woolen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and craftsmanship in their vertical Scottish mills. The business currently employs over 1100 staff and puts their employees at the heart of everything they do. Johnstons of Elgin is an all-inclusive company with great opportunities for progression as the business continues to grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the business during an exciting time of growth. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller and working in the Finance team, the Manufacturing Accountant will be responsible for the management and analysis of the inventory. The individual will work with the Business Analysis team to analyse and interpret production variances and work with the production departments to understand their challenges and support them with valuable reporting.
The ‘family’ culture of Johnstons of Elgin is really embedded into the team at the mill and the employees take pride in being part of such a successful Scottish company, as well as being able to see, touch and feel the creation of a beautiful product at every stage of the process. Due to the nature of the role, it will primarily be based onsite, however, will allow for one or two working days per week if felt it would be beneficial to the individual.
- Management and analysis of the inventory
- Analyse and interpret production variances
- Actively communicate at all levels to ensure information is shared in a timely manner
- Participate in the preparation of budgets
- Identify key areas of improvement and identify solutions
- Deliver valuable reporting
- This person will be an active part of the finance team and provide proactive support in all areas of the business
- Demonstrate a dynamic approach to their work, be commercially astute, have sound financial and business knowledge and be able to comfortably deal with a number of stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- They will have a personal capability demonstrated through skillset, experience and career history in line with the needs of the role
- Be adaptable and someone who thrives on meeting challenging and conflicting deadlines
- Part-Qualified/ Full-Qualified accountant or Qualified By Experience in a similar role
- Manufacturing and standard costing experience
- P&L analysis experience and an understanding of production variances
Salary on offer is dependant on experience and alongside there will be company pension, generous employee discount, flexible working hours, early finish on Fridays and study support available.
To view the full position profile please click here.