Rutherford Cross are delighted to be exclusively partnered with a high-growth biotechnology company in Central Scotland to appoint the newly created position of SOX Accountant. This role sits within the newly created Internal Controls and SOX Compliance team which is based in New York but will have a SOX Accountant on site at all 7 company locations globally. There will be significant opportunities to travel with the role and to professionally develop and progress upwards within the organisation as it continues to scale.
Ideally, we are looking for a newly/recently qualified big 4 auditor. Experience in internal controls/SOX would be highly advantageous. Alternatively, if you come from an internal controls environment in another business, this would be considered as well. Salary is dependent on experience, but the full package is highly competitive, and the business operate a highly flexible working model.
- Assist in planning of SOX program in terms of scope, and work program of individual processes or systems
- Evaluate risk and likely sources of potential financial misstatement for key operational processes
- Apply and assess financial reporting impact based on knowledge of Accounting Principles (e.g., IFRS, GAAP)
- Partner with company financial, operational and information technology groups to conduct walkthroughs, assess control design, and test control operating effectiveness for processes across the organization, with a focus on new transactions, significant changes or other areas of high risk
- Execute SOX Program Management responsibilities including the coordination, execution and monitoring of controls testing, exceptions and remediation
- Document test results in form of workpapers and give support for an informed, objective opinion of the risk exposure
- Conduct follow-up on both open and past due SOX observations on a regular basis
- Act as a liaison to the company’s external auditors on their annual audit and the company’s SOX program
- Drive control optimization and automation opportunities, data analytics and process improvements
- Assist in the periodic update and distribution of corporate governance documents (including quarterly 302 questionnaires and control self-assessments)
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on [email protected] / 07494 280 500