As a key member of the Edinburgh Airport finance team, this is a role requiring an individual with commitment, drive and ambition in addition to a strong technical background in internal audit and risk management. It would suit either an individual currently working in industry looking to lead a risk and assurance function or an individual working in the ‘Big 4’ or a large accountancy practice looking to move into industry.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve:
Internal audit and assurance:
- Drive the assurance and risk management agenda within the wider business to ensure the continued high profile of the function;
- Manage and refine internal audit standards, methodologies, tools and templates, ensuring they are in line with best practice;
- Develop and execute an internal audit programme which is tailored to the risk profile of EAL, with buy-in from key stakeholders;
- Responsible for effective deployment of internal audit resource to achieve both quality and value for money;
- Oversight and instruction of the co-sourcing partner to ensure a timely and valuable delivery whilst maintaining quality standards;
- Lead and deliver certain assurance reviews where it is more appropriate for in-house resource to direct rather than the external co-sourcing partner;
- Communication - written and verbal - of key findings and recommendations for improvement at the conclusion of each assurance review to the relevant business stakeholder(s); and
- Regular reporting on the delivery of the assurance programme, key messages/findings and tracking of open issues to the Audit Committee.
- Responsibility for maintenance of the corporate risk register, including co-ordination of risk workshops and control validation exercises with the Executive Team;
- Work closely with other audit and compliance functions to co-ordinate and optimise assurance activity; and
- Work in collaboration with other Risk Management personnel to develop and maintain the EAL Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
- Day-to-day management of the airport’s multi-line insurance programme, including claims management and supporting the business in understanding insurance cover in place;
- Lead annual renewal process and be responsible for collating and quality checking renewal data;
- Undertake regular review activities to assess and refine the programme of insurance with the support of insurance brokers; and
- Manage the contract and service provided by insurance brokers.
- Degree qualified with a strong academic track record;
- Professional Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in industry or in professional practice;
- Proven commercial experience influencing senior stakeholders and their decision making;
- Able to demonstrate excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly at all levels of the business;
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong technical background;
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office;
- Detailed understanding of best practice approaches to developing internal audit and risk management;
- Ability to analyse diverse financial and operational data, problem solve and produce concise analysis and recommendations;
- Credible and pragmatic;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work with multiple demands; and
- Remains calm when under pressure and when working to deadlines.
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Amy Peoples at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280152 or E: [email protected].