Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with a global manufacturing business to appoint a Senior Internal Auditor. This represents a great opportunity to join a PE-backed business at a key point in its growth trajectory. Reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit, the role will involve undertaking audits in line with the Group Internal Audit Plan whilst supporting the Head of Internal Audit in providing oversight and guidance to the wider Internal Audit Team.
Ideally, we are looking to engage with first movers from big 4/top 10 accountancy firms or those with prior IA experience in the commerce industry. This role is fully remote, so applications are encouraged from all over Scotland. On offer is a very generous package including a salary of up to 57k.
- Contribute to the annual internal audit planning exercise, compiling required risk analysis data, and making initial recommendations for internal audit coverage
- Lead and execute risk-based audits covering financial, operational, technology and commercial areas in line with the Group Internal Audit Plan and ad hoc as required. This may also include the execution of special investigations
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in monitoring the overall delivery of the internal audit plan, managing other team members to ensure audit metrics are captured on a timely basis with a presentation to the Director of Internal Audit
- Manage the follow-up and reporting of internal audit actions, liaising with the business to ensure updates are forthcoming on a timely basis and available for senior management and Audit Committee reporting
- Undertake projects to identify and implement best practices within the internal audit and related assurance activities. Actively contribute to wider internal audit strategic review and functional targets
- Assist in the direction and management of our internal audit co-source partners for specific engagements where required, including acting as a point of contact whilst they conduct audits and the first line of review and report refinement post audit
- Assist with the liaison with other internal assurance providers to coordinate work to avoid overlap and duplicated effort and maximise the effectiveness of assurance coverage
- Contribute to the identification and communication of best practices within the Group
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500 / [email protected]