Our client, an independent, UK-based company with operations globally, is currently in the market for a Senior Tax Advisor to join their small in house tax team on a fixed term basis, for approximately 12 months. This forward-thinking organisation is going through an exciting time and will offer desirable flexible working options and a very competitive salary with an overall £Six Figure Package.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review tax computations of active (and dormant as required) UK companies to submission level for final review by Group Tax Manager
- Review draft replies to any HMRC correspondence
- Review quarterly CT payment recommendations (as required)
- Ensure timely overseas compliance re foreign branch/entity (including any branch accounts filings)– involves liaison with overseas advisors and local staff
- Undertake initial research into new countries and advise on set up structure
- Review the tax in monthly/interim/ annual group forecasts and analyse movements
- Prepare monthly group current and deferred tax journals
- Review interim and year end current and deferred tax provisions and prepare tax notes for group and solus accounts
- Advise on VAT issues/ efficiencies
- Review inter-company loan agreements and advise on tax efficient group funding arrangements
- Review and maintain transfer pricing files for all relevant UK companies
- Provide assistance in project work, including any due diligence work, as required
- Advise Supply Chain department on tax clauses for procurement contracts both UK and overseas
- Ad hoc technical research & advice on UK and international corporate tax, VAT and employment issues
- Manage, coach, develop and support the Tax Advisor.
- Good UK corporation tax knowledge, including PAYE/NIC and VAT issues; ability to deal with both compliance and advisory issues
- International tax experience is essential
- Good commercial awareness
- Good communication skills – written & oral
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of computer spreadsheets, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- Good knowledge of computer-based accounting packages
- Familiarity with accounting (IFRS and UK GAAP)
- Oil and Gas tax experience desirable
A £Six Figure Package and excellent benefits are on offer, as well as a flexible working environment.
To discuss in confidence please contact [email protected] or call 07494 280 152.