Rutherford Cross is working in partnership with a global leader within its sector, based in Glasgow. The business is implementing exciting changes at a critical time in its growth and they are looking to hire a Senior Finance Manager to join their experienced team.
This is a newly created key position within an organisation where you will have the rare opportunity to create and manage a large team. The remit of this role will include being responsible for the management of all transaction processing activities, ensuring procedures are being followed and prompt good practice. Furthermore you will be part of a larger finance team who are responsible in ensuring that the management and financial reporting structure is providing accurate information to stakeholders to allow them to make informed decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the main duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Lead on process and change improvement
- Lead the implementation of a finance service centre
- Financial and management reporting
- Support the Head of Finance with business cases and ad hoc projects
- Conduct analysis on proposals and ascertain the financial implications to the organisation
- Identify inefficiencies and work to resolve or improve financial systems
- Improve service level commit for the end user and customer
- On a regular basis advise and address a wide range of financial, commercial and operational issues within organisation and identify actionable solutions
- Manage and lead the professional development of the finance service centre team
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to step-up into a managerial role and be instrumental in the development of the organisation at a critical time of its growth. To be successful you must have experience of working in a process and transaction environment as well as be confident to establish an efficient team.
- Qualified accountant
- Previous experience of implementing and changing processes
- Strong managerial skillset
- Strong technical foundation in accounting
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work well in a team, but also capable of taking ownership for the delivery of specific tasks
- Be able to build both internal and external relationship
Salary:£45,000-£55,000 with excellent overall package
What to do Next:
To apply or for further information please contact our advisor Grant Atkinson at Rutherford Cross on either [email protected] or 01416117770.