Circularity Scotland Limited (CSL) has been approved by the Scottish Government to operate as a Scheme Administrator (SA) for the Deposit and Return Scheme in Scotland (DRS). CSL will be responsible for the collection of single use drinks containers included in DRS returned by consumers and administering the deposits associated with each transaction. CSL is a commercial company, operating on a not-for-profit basis, whose members include all of the major drinks suppliers and retailers in Scotland. Having been approved we are now rapidly moving into implementation mode and building the infrastructure necessary to create a leading, world class operation for this multi-million-pound turnover company, unique within the UK.
CSL is looking to recruit a driven and high achieving Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Circularity Scotland. We are a start-up with big ambitions and huge challenges and opportunities, and our Senior Finance Manager will need to have the capabilities, experience and attitude to start building a robust reporting function for the corporate entity. We need a proactive individual that is passionate about building the corporate entity for CSL and is able to work in a fast-paced early-stage business whilst also being able to build the infrastructure of a large corporate entity and be comfortable with evolving responsibilities.
The Senior Finance Manager will report directly to the Head of Accounting. They will be responsible for establishing the reporting requirements for CSL, for internal and external reporting purposes. This is a truly unique opportunity where you will be able to shape the reporting function and build from scratch, gaining extensive exposure to forming reporting structures. Currently the organisation is building their core DRS system and this role will assist in the design and build of this, working closely with various departments across the business. This large scale project will be integral to the future success of CSL and will be a key focus for the finance function.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
CSL will manage the deposits received and deposit payments (of 20p) made on approx. 3 billion scheme articles. The Core DRS system will collect all the transactions which monitor the circular flow of the Scheme Articles from when they are deposited on the market by producers to when they are returned and recycled. These transaction flows will translate into finance transactions for billing. CSL will outsource operations and logistics activities to a third party and will outsource the operation and maintenance of the core DRS IT system. The Senior Finance Manager role will then construct the required internal and external reporting for the organisation working with the Head of Accounting, IT and our external consultants to deliver the system for CSL.
This role will deliver the following for CSL:
- Responsible for establishing the end to end reporting requirements for CSL supported by hand offs from the Accounting Team
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for Board and Key stakeholders
- Establish budgets for pre go live activities
- Bank covenant compliance reporting
- Rolling forecast modelling and reporting
- Produce Actual v Forecast variance analysis
- Work with Head of Accounting to establish robust financial controls and processes for a “startup” company
- Establish reporting capability in core solution design for internal and external reporting requirements
- Lead on establishing banking requirements for core solution design and managing relationship with our bank supplier to ensure smooth integration of transactions into the wider architecture
- Annual consolidation, production and reporting of the company financial results.
- Liaise with auditors as part of year end audit requirements
- Define all external reporting requirements – Statutory, Regulatory (SEPA, SNIB and sustainability requirements)
- Delivery of financial reporting ensuring proper level of review and due diligence over accounting practices, clear hand off and segregation of duties between preparer and reviewer
- Adoption of continuous improvement mindset for all processes
- Work with Head of Accounting to develop a Risk Management framework
- Develop a close partnership with all areas in Finance to ensure transactional support is delivered in a controlled, effective and efficient manner
- Mentor and coach junior team members as the Finance department grows
An attractive financial package is available commensurate with background and experience required for the role. In addition to a competitive salary in the region of £55-65,000 per annum, 33 days annual leave (statutory days included), pension scheme, you will work within a collaborative and social team focused on delivering results. (Additional benefits package is being developed).
For more information, please click the position profile below.