Rutherford Cross is working with a central Glasgow based business who have had consistent growth and expansion to recruit for a Management Accounts Manager. This role is joining a global business and will work within a finance team of a specific business unit. Reporting into the Finance Manager the main focus of this role will be ensuring monthly Management Accounts are accounted for accurately and within agreed timelines. There will be a key focus to drive process improvement and development of the team as well as playing a key role in the Group accounting function.
A summary of some of the main duties are below:
- Delivering accurate management accounts, and relevant commentary, within the tight reporting deadlines
- Manage a team of 6 (qualified and part qualified) accountants and drive forward change to ensure that the department and team members improve, supporting graduates and part qualified students in their development
- Manage successful integration of new acquisitions
- Liaise closely with regional FDs and Business Partners on results and reporting
- Review reconciliations to verify the accuracy of management accounts and perform monthly, quarterly and year-to-date variance analysis to budget and prior year on P&L.
- Assistance in production and review of the annual budget, reviewing assumptions and building a detailed monthly budgets
- Review of monthly journals and monthly reporting packs
- Liaise with off-shore processing team to control posting of month end journal transactions and balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with other departments out with Management Accounts team to provide support for queries as they arise
- Assist with internal/external audit queries as they arise
- Build relationships within the wider Management Accounts team, and across other regional teams
- Produce ad-hoc reports and completion of technical tasks for the Finance Manager as requested
For this role the company are seeking a fully qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience. Previous experience in managing a team is very important as well as ideally coming from a larger, more complex structured company background. The ability to be flexible is key and deal with multiple tasks and environments. On offer is hybrid working, a great salary and benefits package and the chance to join a company with significant future career progression opportunities.
For more information, please get in contact with Hazel Wynn at Rutherford Cross.