Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a leading construction materials supplier based in the outskirts of Glasgow in order to appoint a Management Accounts Assistant. The purpose of this role is to provide finance administration support where needed and ensure financial deadlines are met in an accurate and timely manner.
Ideally, we are looking to speak with part-qualified accountants looking to continue through their studies as they progress their career. Individuals must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical literacy and have good communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive team and full training and study support will be provided for the right candidate.
- Provide support to the Regional Management Accountants in the provision of financial and KPI data
- Cost analysis throughout the month and period end ensuring costs are coded correctly
- Accounting data analysis throughout the month and period end
- Provision of production statistics and inventory movements and reconciliation
- Reconciliation of capital expenditure
- Entry of month-end journals for reporting
- Assist with forecast and budget preparation and analysis for the works and depots
- To prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- First-line support for queries
- Provide holiday cover for the other Accounts Assistants
- To ensure financial data is accurate and complete and coded correctly
- To ensure balance sheet reconciliations are performed routinely and any differences are investigated and resolved
- Ad-hoc queries responded to a satisfactory level
- All other duties or tasks as requested by your line manager
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of written and numerical literacy
- AAT qualification or part qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and develop themselves
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Reports to: Regional Management Accountant
For further information on this position please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.