Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with one of our key clients in Stirling to appoint a Management Accountant. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this business-critical and commercially focused position represents an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant (they will consider PQ with relevant experience) to join a highly reputable Scottish.
On offer is a salary of up to £45k, a hybrid working model and the opportunity to join a high-performing team in a business-critical role. Ideally, I am looking to engage with qualified accountants (CA, ACCA or CIMA) but we will consider part-qualified accountants provided you have relevant experience. The appointed individual will be motivated and well-organised, with the ability to deliver under pressure while supporting the finance team and managing two Accounts Assistants.
- Preparation, review and submission of accurate monthly management accounts and reports to Financial Controller
- Produce weekly 13-week Rolling Cashflows and report on variances
- Review all balance sheet items (incl control accounts) to ensure validity and recoverability where necessary
- Understand and analyse (at a detailed level) individual project revenue and cost performance
- Support the Financial Controller in the management and development of the finance team
- Responsible for the supervision, management and development of Accounts Assistants
- Ensure outstanding debts/retentions/disputes are resolved and collected promptly, highlighting problems to senior management at an early stage.
- Ensure review and submission of monthly VAT and CIS returns for the business
- Ensure the business is operating with effective internal controls
- Carry out ad-hoc and routine control reviews, both operational and financial, and report findings via the Financial Controller
- Assist with business change projects as required
For an initial confidential discussion regarding this market-leading opportunity, please contact Harry Young at Rutherford Cross on 07494 280 500.