Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnered with a rapidly growing FMCG business in order to appoint a Management Accountant.
The Management Accountant will take ownership of the day-to-day processing whilst also collating and analysing trading data to support commercial business decisions alongside accurate financial reporting. This is a highly visible role working directly with the CFO.
Given the exposure of the position, it is essential that the individual has the ability to build effective and robust working relationships within finance and across all departments of the company. The post holder will possess a strong work ethic and the willingness to support the CFO on key objectives if required.
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £45k (dependent on experience). Ideally, we are looking to speak to qualified, part- qualified or ‘qualified by experience’ accountants, with experience in a similar role.
- Take the lead in completion of management accounts processes for a number of group companies
- Preparation of the Profit and loss and balance sheet reports
- Assistant in the Investigation and explanation of variances in the Management Accounts
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Support budget and forecast preparation
- Posting monthly journals
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Weekly cash projections
- Responsible for day-to-day processing as required
- Process all Purchase Ledger Invoices / Credits including entry onto the financial system / document management systems
- Pay suppliers invoices on due dates & update ledgers
- Download Bank Statement and Import to Accounts Package and update supplier and customer accounts – Daily
- Reconcile all Control Accounts at Month End and provide schedules for all control accounts
- Analysis / other duties as required
- Fully qualified, part-qualified or ‘qualified by experience’ accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working in a F&B or FMCG business would be advantageous
- Positive attitude and a desire to develop and grow with the business
Initial interviews are with Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross. Final stages will involve meeting Finance Director and CFO.
For more information on the role or to apply for this position please contact Gillian O’Neil: