Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with a growing SME business on the outskirts of Glasgow to appoint a Management Accountant.
This position will allow the individual to gain experience working in an international finance department in a fast-growing company and be involved with multiple aspects of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and local Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) 102. The Management Accountant will report directly to the UK Financial Controller and indirectly to the Finance Director in the UK and Global Controller in the US.
This role will primarily support Global AR and general accounting needs within the business’s UK and US entities and work cross-functionally with staff in the US and NZ to complement a growing finance team that supports all entities. This role will also play a key part in Project Accounting, managing revenue recognition and matching expenses for development projects.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set which includes: month-end close, AR-related experience, revenue recognition, fixed asset management, attention to detail, continual process improvement, and independently motivated to drive results.
- Management of global accounts receivable functions including, Invoicing, Cash Receipts, Credit Memos, Credit, and Collections
- Perform and assist with month-end financial close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, and internal and statutory reporting
- Manage Inter-company transactions and reconciliations, accruals, and prepayments
- Process, monitor, and review asset additions, transfers, and disposals including any annual reporting need to auditors or parent company
- Process and reconcile credit card receipts with merchant bank statements
- Support VAT Returns and other government filings as needed
- Support annual R&D Tax Credit analysis and R&D Scottish or other grant applications and review
- Assist in producing appropriate audit support per external auditors requests
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist the company in continuous improvement of AR and month-end close activities, compliance, and controls
- Assist and leads projects and initiatives to optimize the effectiveness of existing business applications, technologies, and systems, and to build efficiencies and improvements into current business processes
- Support company financial planning, budgeting, and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Qualified Accountant or QBE
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience within a manufacturing environment would be a plus
- Prior Auditing experience would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- A driven/motivated individual
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets and Office 365 software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with US GAAP and FRS 102
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERPs
To apply or to find out more information please contact Gillian O’Neil at Rutherford Cross.
Email: [email protected]