Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working with an ambitious, Ayrshire based business with exciting growth plans to recruit a Management Accountant.
The vacancy has arisen due to a retirement, with responsibility for management reporting and business support. The Company has utilised the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP solution since 2012, but will migrate to a more current ERP solution over the next 12 months. Most financial transactions are performed within the operation, with a small Finance team running AP, AR and bank. This role takes responsibility for the integrity and reporting of the numbers.
This represents a great opportunity for the right candidate to become a key member of the team and to develop their skills and experience in a growing and vibrant business. The role reports direct to the Finance Director, with key interfaces with Operations & Sales management and with the rest of the Business Services team.
Although operating in a traditional sector and having a significant history, the Company is now a complex business recording its financial transactions and commitments on a sophisticated ERP system. This role carries responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the Ayr financial reporting, analysing performance and working with local management to improve it. The tasks include:
- Daily monitoring of ERP transactions/balances for exceptions & errors
- Production of periodic management accounts and related commentaries
- Calculation of standard costs for operations and products
- Analysis of operational financial performance and variances
- Analysis of sales & margins by product/customer/region
- Work with Operations teams to optimise financial performance
- Periodic HMRC reporting – VAT, PAYE, etc.
- Preparation of business cases for capital expenditure proposals
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Support for other members of the Finance team
- Preparation and submission of funding support applications to Scottish Enterprise
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as required
Incorporating a blend of management and financial accounting, the role demands a flexible and accomplished individual with strong people skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
Experience in a manufacturing environment is essential, and some exposure to the fast-paced multi-disciplinary demands of a growing medium-sized business would be beneficial.
It is likely that the successful candidate will either have at least a couple of years post qualification experience (CA/CIMA/ACCA) or be a significantly experienced QBE (qualified by experience).
Experience of modern ERP systems is essential and any exposure to Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an advantage.
A committed and tenacious approach to improvement of business processes and performance is essential, as is the ability to communicate and operate effectively at all levels of the business.
A summary of the key characteristics is as follows:
- Professional qualification or very significant relevant experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise appropriately
- Keen commercial awareness, ideally gained within a growing, mid-sized company
- Experience of operational process development and implementing financial controls
- Excellent IT skills with a sound knowledge of ERP systems and MS Excel
- Creative thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills, especially when interfacing with senior management and non-finance business partners
- Energy, drive, tenacity, professionalism and commitment
- Flexible approach to working hours in line with the needs of the business
- Salary £40,000-£45,000
- Annual bonus
- 32 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
- 3 times salary, death in service
- Pension contributions- employer 6%, employee 3%
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Working hours- Mon-Thu 8:30-5:00pm, Fri 8:30-4:00pm