Rutherford Cross is excited to be working in partnership with a growing business in Stirling to recruit a Finance Analyst, with an ambitious company in Stirling.
The business has grown significantly over the last 3 years with 14 deals completed and £30m of capital committed. The firm’s investment portfolio now includes steel stockholding and distribution, precision engineering, a bar and restaurant business as well as significant property holdings. The group has 190 employees and operates across the UK and in France and Italy. Forecast turnover for the current financial year is £35m.
The company represents a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, private equity firm with exciting expansion plans working from a Stirling base.
- Analysing pricing processes for the whole group; identifying and quantifying hidden/unaccounted costs, analysis of trends between quotes and orders won and possibly looking at pricing sensitively using the data collected.
- The ultimate goal will be to drive financial performance improvements through analysis and presenting findings to the business unit leaders and ultimately the Board.
- Production of margin analysis in various forms for each business unit.
- Input into the budgeting and forecasting process. Improving the quality of the reporting produced throughout finance.
- This person will have exposure to the very top of the organisation and therefore will need to be comfortable presenting at all levels, from sales staff right through to the MD/FD/Chairman.
- Qualified accountant - ACCA or CIMA, not ICAS
- Manufacturing industry experience - manufacturing is essential
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum 5 years experience of finance
- Bright, inquisitive, tenacious
- Ability to identify issues, find root causes and propose improvements
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data
- Presentation skills - ability to present to senior management
- Ambitious, motivated, driven
- Attitude is critical
- Excel, macros / VBA skills
- Experience of PowerPoint
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (depending on experience)
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 statutory days. 1 additional day for each complete year of service up to a max of 25 days.
Life Cover: Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
Working hours: 38 hrs pw with core hours of 9.30am to 4.00pm
Bonus: Discretionary, based on company and individual performance