Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working in partnership with a hugely successful, FMCG business, based in Glasgow to appoint a Working Capital Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified CA looking to make their first move into industry. The vacancy has come about through internal promotion and likewise this role offers great scope for career development.
This role is all about understanding, managing and reconciling key balance sheet accounts including inventory, excise duties, GRNI and fixed assets. The post-holder will be focused on understanding the flow of data through the group – including identification and mitigation of risk.
This role is a key part of the Financial Control Group. The Working Capital Accountant will work with colleagues across the Group and act as the conduit between our production accountants and our management accountants, providing information and insight on our balance sheet.
There is also the opportunity to get involved in project work, including focusing on IT provision and procurement. The Working Capital Accountant will be a key point of contact for key balance sheet accounts during internal and external audits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering a monthly review of key balance sheet accounts and variance investigation and resolution
- Working closely with local supply chain accountants/analysts and local plant management on process improvements
- Providing a monthly inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved accurately
- Assisting with monthly reporting
- Conducting month end stock reconciliation, ensuring the GRNI accruals balance to stock valuation
- Updating stock codes for Intrastat Data
- Qualified accountant, preferably practice trained
- Strong knowledge of controls around inventory, O2C and P2P
- Ability to assist with process improvement and controls enhancement
- Able to present financial information in an understandable and useful manner
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- JD Edwards knowledge would be desirable but not essential
Benefits On Offer:
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 depending on experience
Pension: Defined contribution scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
Medical: Private medical scheme available
Bonus: Up to 10%
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Holidays: 30 days + 4 public holidays