Headquartered in Glasgow, this independent provider offers numerous financial services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. In addition it has an international capability covering over 100 countries that has continued to rapidly expand.
The company takes pride in providing an award-winning service to both customers and clients alike. Its focus is on wealth creation, management and preservation and as a result of this unique approach it sets itself apart from its competitors.
The team that this role will be operating within specialises in providing stock broking and investment management. The purpose of the role will be to complete accounting working papers and financial statements to a high standard and abide by the regulatory guidelines.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare accurate interim & annual long and short reports within agreed timescales and ensure timely delivery of the reports to Compliance, Trustee, FCA and clients
- Prepare quarterly working papers for tax provisions within agreed timescales when required
- Compile audit packs
- Calculate distribution rates/yields/ TERs/ OCFs accurately
- Raise any issues found in preparation of the accounts to senior personnel and discuss improvement measures where necessary and relevant
- Implement any regulatory changes as advised and provide technical advice to other teams if and when required
- To ensure all KPI’s allocated to the individual are met
- Conduct on-going reviews of all tasks in the designated areas of this job. The end goal being that an enhanced client service is developed
- To contribute and participate in ad hoc projects
The individual will also be expected to heavily engage with multiple teams as well as the business as a whole. Some responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to collation of the team procedures manual
- Provide your management team with weekly management information statistics relevant to your duties
- Attend and contribute to internal team meetings and raise relevant issues with your line manager
- To assist with training any new recruits to the team in BAU activities
The position incorporates a blend of responsibilities requiring a confident individual with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal ability. In addition to this they must be prepared to operate within in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- Strong communication skills so that problems and updates can be properly reported to colleagues and external parties
- Planning and organising – proficient in adopting a methodical approach to work
- Technical experience: sound knowledge of regulations relating to the accounts production and business area
- Customer focus: focusing on delivering internal and external customers satisfaction
What To Do Next
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please contact our advisor Grant Atkinson at Rutherford Cross. Please note that any direct or third party applications will be passed to Rutherford Cross for review and assessment.