Rutherford Cross is delighted to be partnering with a fast growing fund administration company based in Edinburgh that offers a suite of services for fund managers investing into unlisted assets (predominantly property and private equity), to recruit a qualified accountant.
Over the last three years, this business has grown extremely rapidly and now has well over 200 clients and a pipeline that will fuel further growth.
The company is looking for an outgoing, highly motivated qualified accountant who can take the lead on a number of high-profile clients and deliver an excellent level of service. The post-holder will be comfortable using their initiative when required and enjoy the challenge of new learning experiences.
The successful candidate would be working within the finance team, reporting directly to the Finance Director. They will be responsible, both personally and as part of the wider team, to liaise directly with clients to deliver a bespoke service to financial service clients. This will entail board level discussions with the fund or fund management group, and also with the Audit /Tax partners.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and forecasting for clients, discussing with them directly as required
- Liaising with fund managers in relation to investor capital calls and drawdowns, actioning if and when required - including forex transactions
- Ensuring that all accounting and performance reports are both accurate and timely
- Preparing fund drawdown, equalisation and distributions calculations
- Communicating directly with investors regarding these calculations and also their tax returns and annual accounts as required
- Preparation of Statutory Trust, Small Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Limited Partnership accounts ensuring all the disclosures are correct
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisers during preparation and arranging timely filing
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns and compliance with relevant regulations and deadlines
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations, client invoices, expense reports and payment authorization prepared by the Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Provide appropriate challenge to clients and auditors to ensure good governance and best practices for each fund
- Ensuring that procedures, practices and systems are operated, maintained and developed to properly control the client side of the business and ensure all systems are adequately documented
- A limited amount of travel within the UK should be expected
- Candidate requirements:
- Enthusiasm to learn and confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
- Experience in fund accounting, statutory accounts for limited companies and partnerships
- Experience in preparation of management accounts including dealing with third parties to ensure the financial information contained within the accounts is complete
- Experience in property fund or private equity accounting would be especially relevant
- Experience in Excel, Word and Sage Line 50
- On offer:
- Salary £35,000-£38,000
- Performance related bonus